Comprehensive Relational List of Weapons | could be meat, could be cake, but I'll definitely hit you with it
1. First-tier items are weapon groups (AXES) or unique weapons (ADZE). A character may devote one weapon proficiency slot in the group to become proficient with all weapons within the group except for exotic weapons.
2. Proficiency and specialization in exotic weapons costs may not be available at all except under special circumstances as determined by the DM. Most racial weapons are exotic for members of other races. If a character proficient in an exotic weapon's group is able to gain access to an exotic weapon (and gains sufficient training in it), he may then use the weapon as a normal member of that weapon group and may specialize in it.
3. Second-tier items (battleaxe) are specific weapons within a group. A character proficient in one group may devote a one additional slot to a specific weapon in that group to become specialized in that weapon. Specializations in more than one weapon within a group is possible.
4. Items of third-tier or more (e.g. daikyu, gythka, gladius) are derivatives of, components of, or are very similar to other weapons and thus do not have unique proficiencies.
5. Some weapons such as combined weapons, double weapons, and switched weapons have special rules regarding synergistic proficiency, while some weapon groups have no shared proficiency (proficiency in each subgroup must be acquired separately).
5. Notes given to a weapon group or shared proficiency apply to all weapons within that group or proficiency unless otherwise noted.
bec de corbin
composite short bow
simple short bow
holy symbol, big
heavy mace/footman's mace
light mace/horseman's mace
very heavy mace[sr]
staff sling (melee)
heavy flail/footman's flail
light flail/horseman's flail
very heavy flail[sr]
kau sin ke
three piece rod
heavy flail (doubled)
light flail (doubled)
LANTERN (bludgeon or thrown)
heavy pick/footman's pick
light pick/horseman's pick
light lance, framea
giant two-handed sword[gi]
Liquids (per charge)
[ap] (optional) Proficiency in a certain skill and weapon skill in a tool associated with that proficiency gives the wielder automatic specialization in a single weapon of the player's choice: Agriculture - adze, forks, flails, sickles, scythes; Animal Training - ankus, whip; Blacksmithing - hammers; Carpentry - axes; Engineering - spade/shovel; Farming - see Agriculture; Fishing - gaff, net, javelin, spear, trident; Forestry - axes, machete; Leatherworking - knives; Mining - picks; Mountaineering - hammers; Punching/Boxing - cestus, punch-cutter; Rope Use - chains, lasso; Stonemasonry - picks, hammers, shovels; Throwing - throwing weapons; Weaponsmithing - hammers.
[cw] Combined Weapons: they do not have a unique proficiency of their own; skill in a combined weapon is drawn from skill in its component weapons (unlike double weapons). Combined weapons may be wielded as if they were two separate weapons.
[db] Double Weapons: these are like combined weapons but are unique enough in their design that they have their own proficiency. Double weapons may be wielded as if they were two separate weapons.
[dw] Dwarven racial weapon. Most racial weapons may be assumed to be exotic for other races.
[hl] Halfling racial weapon. Most racial weapons may be assumed to be exotic for other races.
[gi] Giant or ogrish racial weapon. Most racial weapons may be assumed to be exotic for other races.
[np] No proficiency may be gained in this weapon group; skill must be acquired for each weapon or subgroup separately.
[or] Orcish racial weapon. Most racial weapons may be assumed to be exotic for other races.
[px] Pixie racial weapon. Most racial weapons may be assumed to be exotic for other races.
[sr] Saurial racial weapon. Most racial weapons may be assumed to be exotic for other races.
[sw] Switched weapons: these are like combined weapons except that they may not be wielded as if they were two separate weapons.
built by unclefester | sternzwischen | updated 14-05-29 23:15:26